Hurricanes vs. Blues
Friday 13 March, 2015, 7.35pm
FMG Stadium, Plamerston North
Referee: Glen Jackson (NZ)
- The Hurricanes have never won their opening four matches of a season.
- The Blues have now lost six games in a row including the final two matches of last season. Their worst ever losing streak is seven matches twice in 2012 and 2013-14.
- The Blues have won three of their last four matches and the Hurricanes.
- Last season the two sides split the wins with the Hurricanes winning the first game 39-20 and the Blues winning the second 37-24.
- Blues three-quarter Charles Piutau leads the competition in defenders beaten.
Key Match Ups:
Julian Savea vs. Frank Halai (wing)
Conrad Smith vs. Charles Piutau (centre)
Ma'a Nonu vs. Francis Saili (second five-eighth)
Victor Vito vs. Steven Luatua (number 8)
Ben Franks vs. Tony Woodcock (prop)
Hurricanes: Nehe Milner-Skudder, Matt Proctor, Conrad Smith (c), Ma'a Nonu, Julian Savea, Beauden Barrett, TJ Perenara, Victor Vito, Ardie Savea, Brad Shields, James Broadhurst, Mark Abbott, Ben Franks, Dane Coles, Reggie Goodes. Reserves: Motu Matu'u, Jeffery Toomaga-Allen, Chris Eves, Jeremy Thrush, Blade Thomson, Chris Smylie, Rey Lee-Lo, James Marshall.
Blues: Lolagi Visinia, Frank Halai, Charles Piutau, Francis Saili, Melani Nanai, Ihaia West, Jimmy Cowan/Jamison Gibson-Park, Steven Luatua, Luke Braid (c), Brendon O'Connor, Patrick Tuipulotu, Josh Bekhuis, Charlie Faumuina, James Parsons, Tony Woodcock. Reserves: Keven Mealamu, Ofa Tu'ungafasi, Angus Ta'avao/Sam Prattley, Hayden Triggs, Akira Ioane, Jamison Gibson-Park/Bryn Hall, Simon Hickey, George Moala.